Founded in 1938 by Edward O. Braxton, Braxton’s Animal Works has become a third-generation, family-owned “institution” on the Main Line.
Since we opened our doors more than 70 years ago, we’ve seen lots of changes in the pet care industry, some fads and some remarkable innovations. But through all the years and all the changes one thing has remained constant, our commitment to our customers. Our commitment to carrying the right products and our commitment to friendly service and personal attention. Making sure that each and every customer who walks in the door wants to come back again and again. We’re proud to be a third-generation business, and proud to have many third generation customers.
Historic tag lines:
Try us… We’re worth the trip.
Everything for Dogs
Purveyors of quality merchandise for dogs cats and small animals.
From the Tredyffrin Easttown Historical Society Quarterly,
Interview with Bill Braxton, July 1998 Volume 36 Number 3, Pages 67–76:
“Edward 0. Braxton, moved us into the old stone house in Strafford, at the southwest corner of Lancaster and Sugartown Roads, in the late 1930s where he started the Braxton Kennels and Dog Shop. Before going into business for himself”…Click Here
A letter to the Braxton’s from Stan Moses:
It’s now 1938 and Max has reasoned that the remote Cugley’s Kennels was not justifying itself and needed a resident operator. He sold Ed Braxton on the notion that taking over the Cugley’s Kennels as the proprietor would be in his best interests. Now it became Braxton’s Kennels…More